Essential Oils are very powerful at helping relieve stress and move past fears and blocks that are holding you back.
One way I love to use oils is with the Aroma Freedom Technique.
AFT is a technique that uses the power of scent to gently shift awareness away from negative thoughts, feelings and memories and initiate a positive outlook and attitude.
This results in greater confidence and inner freedom. When we are no longer stuck in negative mindsets, we are free to create the life we desire.
AFT is a 12 step process that is another great tool you can use to help you release emotions and memories that are holding you back and allow you to move forward.
It is a simple process that starts with setting an intention or goal you would like to achieve, one you don’t believe is very attainable. You rate your intention on a scale of 1 to 10 and move through a series of steps incorporating your essential oils, which will allow you to move through the various emotions that are limiting you.
You can use common oils such as Stress Away, Frankincense, Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint and Thieves to help tap into these deep memories and emotions and release them to foster growth.
You can learn more about the full technique, which was developed by Dr. Benjamin Perkus at the Aroma Freedom website.
60 Second Stress Relief Technique
Okay, so you are probably wondering what the heck is the 60 seconds to reduce stress technique?
I have a 60 second protocol based on the Aroma Freedom Technique that is great to do daily!
This calls for a Memory Release Blend which is equal parts of Lavender, Stress Away and Frankincense.
If you do not have Young Living essential oils yet, you could use a fragrant flower or peel of an orange as well.
- Identify a stressful situation, experience or memory.
- Identify the dominant feeling (sadness, anger, frustration, regret, etc)
- Where in your body do you notice the discomfort (back, neck, heart, feet, stomach, etc)
- What is the negative thought or inner belief you are telling yourself?
- Apply one or two drops of Memory Release blend into your palm
- Rub your palms together and cup them over your nose and mouth.
- Close your eyes, focus on the thought or belief (from step 4) and breathe deeply (at least 3 long breaths)
- What do you notice? Do you notice a shift? Often there is an energy shift, of less suffering and a new sense of possibility.
Recently I did this. I keep a nasal blank with the memory release blend in my purse to have on hand at all times.
- My daughter threw a huge fit the whole ride to school.
- I was frustrated and angry.
- I felt it in my upper back and heart and throat.
- My negative thought was I was a bad mother and was raising a spoiled child.
I went through the process and immediately noticed a calm shifting of my emotions and was able to let go and move on through my day.
What about you? What did you notice when you tried this?
I teach a lot of classes and workshops in the area that are based on a variety of healthy lifestyle tools, including essential oils. Please see my calendar and I would love to see you at an upcoming event! www.tamara-mannelly.eventbrite.com
Want to learn more techniques to support your emotions ? Check out my “swipe and learn” oils and emotions class: https://sway.office.com/0pAOGiSKBsCmbkpq?ref=Link
Content provided by Women Belong member Tamara Mannelly